Last Revised June 8, 2018
Please read below to find more information on your personal data and your rights to it.
How we collect Personal Information and Data from You:
You may be able to use some of our services without providing us with any of your personal information or data. However, to take advantage of certain features on our Sites, you may be asked or required to provide personal information or data. You always have a right to decline to provide the requested personal information or data, however, your decline may prevent you from using certain features on our Sites.
Third Party Collection
We may also receive your personal information and data from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand, analyze our records, identify and market our products to prospective customers, and prevent or detect fraud. GloFX partners with and uses a number of third party technologies to collect data and information. We work closely with all third parties to protect your personal information and data, and to protect your online safety while you are on our Sites. These third parties may offer options that are helpful in restricting certain types of tracking and data collection. GloFX and these third parties reserve the right to collect information about you to the fullest extent allowed by the law, and with this legal right we are also obligated to safeguard any and all of this information.
Automatic Collection of Personal Information or Data
Information Collected from Mobile Devices
When you access our Sites using a mobile device, GloFX or its third-party service providers may collect various information from you.
Our mobile Sites may request permission to access personal information and data on your mobile device. Failure to grant us permission may prevent you from using certain features on our Sites.
Location Information. Our mobile Sites may collect precise information about the location of your device after you permit us to obtain such information. We collect this information to market our products to you based on your location. To opt out of the collection of precise location or presence information, you can adjust the permissions on your mobile device or uninstall our mobile Sites.
The Kind of Personal Information GloFX and Related Technologies Collect from You:
Below is a non-exhaustive list of information and data that may be collected by our Sites:
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Bank card information
- Household data
- Information regarding your hobbies/interests
- Information regarding browser type and version
- Access Device Type (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.)
- Operating System
- Internet Service Provider
- IP Address. MAC Address, or other unique identifier(s)
- Hardware and Software Types
- Temporary or persistent device identifier
- Your device’s location (See below)
- Authentication Data
- Demographic Data
- Search History
- Screen Resolution
- Domain Name from which you came or
- The page, link, ad, website, or source that referred you
- Time and Date
- How long you stayed on the website
- Whether you are a return visitor
- Where you go in our channel, and what you do: including what is in your shopping cart and the details of what you purchase
- Clickstream data and clicks on particular items such as ads and individual products
- Pages you view and other actions you take
- Account Holder activities
- Patterns (how often you come back to a channel and specific features you tend to use)
- General Location (country or zip code)
- Precise Location Data (an app of ours)
- Any other relatable data that might help to create a unique profile of you and your device
- Browsers: a “browser” is essentially a program used to navigate and view the entirety of the internet. We use browsers to access websites by the processing of HTMLs, which is the type of code used to help you view text, links, and other items online. Some examples of browsers are Chrome, Safari, and FireFox.
- Cookies: “cookies” are small text files that we or other developers put on your devices to help us improve our Sites, web design, promotions, and overall services. Cookies are also designed and used to recognize your devices and may be used to deliver ads or other services, and may otherwise collect varying types of data. There are multiple types of cookies, which continue to change as technology grows and changes. The main current kinds of cookies are:
- “Session cookies”, which allow websites to collect data on what you do during a browsing session on that site. Please note, however, that these are temporary cookies and are set to be deleted at the end of the session.
- “Functional or persistent cookies” collect online data in the same way, but last longer than one session and are set to expire in a certain number of days.
- “Performance cookies” are more persistent cookies that track data for managing the Sites performance and design issues.
There are other types of cookies, which operate with other technologies. You have the option to refuse some cookies and related technologies on our Sites (note that not all cookies can be refused) but the refusal of these cookies can affect the overall function of a website or channel, and therefore cause the site to not work properly or to slow down significantly. In some cases, the refusal of cookies may make channels unavailable.
- “Identifiers” are the label given to a number of online technologies that relate to the devices you use, or identifiers used by ads, advertisers, networks, platforms, or any other third parties. Identifiers can be:
- a) unique identifiers such as IP addresses, which is a number that is assigned to a device such as a computer or phone by your Internet Service Provider, a Media access control (MAC) which is a hardware ID number that
- b) A Media Access Control (MAC) address, which is a hardware ID number that is part of a certain network, such as a Wi-Fi network and that identifies each device on that network.
- c) Other Identifiers, such as Android ID, Apple IDFA, or any other identifiers that may relate to the devices you use or identifiers that are used by ads, advertisers, networks, platforms, or any other number or types of third parties.
Note: The above is not an exhaustive list of devices and technologies our Sites or third-party Sites use to collect data, and we will continue to change and add technologies as the internet advances and changes. Technologies are complex and differ in each channel. Certain kinds of technologies are also likely to be used in multiple channels.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We reserve the rights to use and otherwise disclose the personal information and data we collect for any and all lawful purposes. Below are non-exhaustive lists of examples of how we do or may use your personal information and data to provide you with superior products and services on our Sites, and to improve our business processes:
- To notify you of product recalls or safety issues
- To process and respond to your application for employment opportunities
- To answer comments or questions
- To determine customer satisfaction
- To personalize your experiences
- To send you (with your consent) marketing communications and other information you have chosen to receive regarding our products, services, or special events
- For business operations including but not limited to research, market studies, security, payment processing, analytics, operations, fraud detection and prevention, reporting, and making back-ups and legal compliance
- To pre-fill a form for you (such as auto-filling address information at check out)
- To interact with external companies, celebrities, or third-parties that partner with us for events, promotions, videos, or additional activities
- To partner with third-party services and other providers, including data collectors and analytic providers such as Google Analytics. The third-parties that we use, or third-parties you might reach in links from our Channels, may have separate privacy policies, none of which are created or implemented by GloFX. See “Primary Third-Parties used by GloFX” below
- To receive and review questions and requests from you
- To communicate with current or future affiliates. This may include things such as transferring personal information and other information to the necessary affiliate
- To make common use of this Personal Data ( uses that are employed daily and legally by all online avenues)
- Extraordinary Uses (for example, in the case of a merger or bankruptcy)
- In connection to selling, renting, leasing, disclosing or sharing or otherwise sharing your personal information with third-parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes
- In response to a domestic or foreign legal process (for governmental or non-governmental subpoenas, to comply with any law, rule, court order, law enforcement request, or other regulatory requirement)
- To make secondary uses of helpful information, such as in the case that we originally collect information for one reason but use it for another when such information appears to be useful in other ways
- To include you in relevant lists, such as customer lists, newsletters, blogs, etc.
- In partnership and in use of social networks. These networks may have their own applicable privacy policies, none of which are created or implemented by GloFX, but which both GloFX and you, as a consumer, are subject to. Some of these policies may allow you to restrict certain information and disclosures
- To work with our partners and advertisers to place ads in our Channels, which often include “behavioral”, “targeted”, “cross site”, and other types of advertising purposes intended to personalize your device and online experience
- We may disclose the information if we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate the Sites; to protect the rights, property or safety of GloFX, other users of the Sites; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity
How we Protect your Personal Information
We take guarding your personal information and data very seriously. As such, we use a variety of safeguarding techniques and devices to do so. To help us guard your information, we use a number of administrative, physical, technological, and procedural safeguards to protect you and your confidentiality. We use commercially reasonable and acceptable methods to protect all data and personal information we collect. This being said, it is the unfortunate reality of this digital age that no matter the depth of security measures, these measures are seldom completely foolproof and infallible. Though we strive to provide you, and all of our consumers, with the utmost protection on our Sites, we do not guarantee the absolute security of any personal information or data, we provide the security and our policies as-is, we disclaim any and all warranties, duties, or conditions, and therefore you use our Sites at your own risk. Under this statement, if applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty on us, you hereby agree that the standard use and measure of our compliance shall be intentional misconduct.
Your Responsibility for your Personal Information
While GloFX takes commercially reasonable precautions and measures to protect your personal information, it is important that you also take these precautions. You are in charge of the security use of any password or related information for a Channel or Site and you also control the access device you are using (some of which can be unsecure). Please be sure to be aware and cautious at all times you are online in order to safeguard your own personal information and data.
Phishing is a sort of online attack that attempts to steal a consumers’ personal information, data, and financial information. “Phishers use false emails to take consumers to counterfeit websites specifically designed to target recipients and mislead them into giving personal information and data such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and social security numbers.
GloFX does not, and never has, sent emails asking anyone to provide or confirm any such information, especially bank card numbers, social security numbers, or usernames and passwords.
If you are ever the recipient of such an email which purports to be from GloFX, please immediately forward it to Admin@glofx.com with the subject “Privacy”, then proceed to delete the fraudulent email from all devices.
If you post text, pictures, or other content via public forums that may be available on the Sites, that information may be publicly available. The information may be searchable by search engines and copied or republished by third parties. We have no control over those third parties. Please exercise caution before posting on our Sites as anything you post is at your own risk.
Opt Outs/Ins Options Provided by GloFX
You may choose to:
- Opt out of, or into, marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct the information that you provide to us
- Request that we cancel your account(s) or that we no discontinue use of the information you have given us
To exercise your options, you may:
- Simply not participate in certain lines of communication
- Opt out of receiving marketing or promotional communications by following the directions in a marketing e-mail, direct mail, or mobile communication that you receive from us
- Log in to your GloFX account to update your information or change your communications preferences
- Return to the area of our Sites at which you signed up for a certain program and modify your information
- Contact us as specified below with your request and current contact information
Please be aware that opt outs are often specific to a certain line of communication. You may only stop receiving that line of communication, but still receive other types of communication unless you exercise another option as described herein. Please note that if you request that your information no longer be used to provide you services, GloFX may retain your information for legitimate business purposes, including but not limited to backups, analysis, legal requirements, and data retention requirements or policies.
Note that even if you opt-out or do not opt-in, you will still receive other forms of communications from us, such as transactional and confirmation emails and messages related to your orders, questions, or general updates on products or services about your purchases and information about your account. You will continue to receive these communications as well as particular things you have signed up for, such as events.
Options Offered By Third Parties
- Some Third Party browsers, devices, distribution platforms, or other applications may provide help for you to refuse to accept their cookies and technologies or allow you to create your own privacy settings. These technologies may or may not be successful, however, and you should continue to act with caution even when using these technologies.
- In the case of browsers, not all technologies are controlled by the browser and unique or specific aspects of your browser and device may not be recognizable even if you were to disable a technology, not all setting will necessarily be implemented as desired, and in some cases if a setting is honored for one purpose this technology may still collect data for another purpose.
- There are additional control tools on your devices. A great example of your control over your device is that you can turn of the GPS locator or other notifications on your phone.
- For all of these options, opting-out is not applicable to the personal information and data that was disclosed before the opt out choice was offered or to disclosures to which opting-out is not allowed by law, or the privacy and terms and conditions of any of these websites and third parties, or any other arrangements you may have with these parties.
- If you opt-out of an option and then proceed in a manner that is contradictory to this opt-out than it will be assumed that you have changed your mind and the party may once again rely on all previous consents and any consents relating to new actions.
- The Opt-Out tools discussed above are Cookie-Based. This means that the tools use and rely on cookies to document your choices in regards to the use of your information by the parties that do offer you these choices. If you make any changes or delete tracking technologies in your Web Browser after opting out, you might have to opt out again to reset your opt-out preferences.
- All Opt-Outs are “browser-specific.” The opt-out preferences that you choose will only apply to the Web Browser that you used when you selected these options. This means that if you opt-out while using Google Chrome, these preferences will not carry over or be applicable to the use of information and data collected by tracking technologies when you use other browsers, such as Safari. This also means that opting out is not transferable from one device to another, which means that if you opt-out of something in your phone settings, you will have to separately choose the same opt-outs on your computer or other devices.
Like many businesses, GloFX uses Google for several reasons, including but not limited to, data collection. Google is a highly secure website and is also dedicated to protecting the privacy of their users. We work with Google to ensure your privacy protection and online safety. To learn more about how Google collects and uses data, please see below.
If you would like to opt out of this analysis, we encourage you to read Google’s currently available opt-outs for the web. This page will easily guide you on how to block your personal information from Google’s data capture services.
In addition to Google Analytics,we also utilize Google Adwords for marketing and advertising reasons. To learn more about how Google Adwords uses data, click on the link below: https://policies.google.com/privacy/update?hl=en&gl=us.
GloFX Usage of Social Media Accounts
Social media is an amazing tool for businesses to build their network and marketing outreach. Accordingly, GloFX is an avid user of multiple Social Media platforms. We may receive your personal information and data from social media platforms. The information we will be able to receive will be determined by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform and varies from one platform to the next.
To learn more about each of our social media platforms and how they collect and process data, please see below:
For Facebook’s privacy page, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update
For Instagram’s privacy page and data uses, please visit: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875?helpref=page_content
Your California Privacy Rights
GloFX may disclose your personal information and data to our affiliates or other third parties for their use in the marketing of their products or services (as opposed to GloFX products or services) to you unless you tell us not to. In order to opt out of such sharing or for further information, please contact us as specified below.
For Customers in the EU
If you reside in the EU, you are entitled to the following rights in respect to the personal information and data GloFX holds:
- You have the right to obtain access to your personal information and data
- You have the right to obtain rectification of your personal information and data without undue delay where that personal information or data is inaccurate or incomplete
- You have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal information or data without undue delay in certain instances, such as where the personal information or data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed
- You have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by GloFX on your personal information or data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information or data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information or data
- You have the right to object to GloFX processing personal information and data relating to you
- You have the right to obtain certain personal information and data from us in a format that can be transferred electronically to a third party
- You have the right to be informed about the personal information being processed
- You have the right to file a complaint with the relevant data protection regulating authority
In some cases, our ability to uphold your rights may depend upon our obligations to process personal information and data for security, safety, fraud detection and prevention, compliance with legal and/or regulatory requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the service or product you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request. For further information on how to exercise your rights, please contact us as specified below.
Children Under the Age of 18
All payments are made 100% securely with our 256 bit SSL certified and secured website. GloFX does not save or store any credit card or payment information on our internal or cloud databases. This is for your protection against fraud, scams, and hacking. We do, however, utilize 3rd party payment processors to help us in processing, storing, and securing your information.
To see how our payment partners use data, please read through this section and find their privacy information below.
GloFX uses cutting edge administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information we collect from you through our Sites. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no information system can be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information and data. Further, we are not responsible for the security of information and data that you transmit or receive via the Sites over networks that we do not control, including the internet and wireless networks.
Contact information for privacy related inquiries:
GloFX Brand Management
3624 N Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32303 USA
GloFX Website – https://glofx.com/